Remember this should not take a lot of effort so relax. If done right, it should pop off with ease.
1) Holding the bottle, place the lighter between the first and second knuckle.
2) Make sure the lighter is snugly underneath the cap and between the cap and your pointer finger.
3) Timing is the key here; push down the lighter at the same time you clench your fist (If it doesn’t pop off within 2 seconds don’t strain yourself, just repeat).
This is real footage from a helicopter tournament in China. One of the popular events in the competition was opening beer bottles with an opener fixed to the landing skid. The pilots had 8 minutes to open 5 beer bottles without breaking them… you’re on your own with this one.
This is the exact same steps as opening a beer with a lighter.
1) After the folding steps, place the hard edge of the paper under the cap.
2) Make sure the edge it’s snug between the cap and your pointer finger.
3) Push down the hard edge of the paper at the same time you clench your fist.