1. Twilight Zone: The Movie. Director John Landis was pretty irresponsible when he allowed a real helicopter to fly perilously close to his actors during filming of The Twilight Zone. The helicopter lost control and the rotor blades decapitated actor Vic Morrows along with a 7-year-old Vietnamese child, while another child was crushed by the same helicopter.
4. XXX. Stunt double Harry L O’Conner was filming a particularly difficult scene, which required him to rappel down a line onto a submarine. Tragically while filming this scene, he hit a bridge and died instantly. Amazingly the scene was kept in the movie, edited to remove the final tragic incident.
11. Thor: The Dark World. It’s not often that one of the main cast is severely injured, but that’s exactly what happened when Jaimie Alexander slipped off a metal staircase while filming. The actress suffered a slipped disc in her thoracic spine, chipped 11 vertebrae, dislocated her shoulder and tore her rhomboid.
14. The Expendables 2. One scene in the movie required a rubber boat to explode. Something went wrong in the process and one stuntman was killed, while another was left in a critical condition and required five hours of surgery.
16. The Hangover Part II. Stuntman Scott McLean suffered permanent brain injuries while shooting a stunt which required him to put his head out of a moving vehicle. His head was clipped by an oncoming car and he ended up suing Warner Bros. for damages.