When we look for advice we tend to navigate towards people who have experience in the area of life we are questioning. Who better to turn to for advice on life in general than a person who has lived it for 80 years? This 80-year-old gentleman revealed a few of his best ‘life tips’ for us to see.
1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look at people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower
4. If in a fist fight, hit first and hit hard.
5. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen every day.
6. Always accept an outstretched hand.
7. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
9. Avoid sarcastic remarks
10. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90% of all your happiness or misery.
11. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
12. Never deprive someone of hope, it might be all that they have.
13. When playing games with children, let them win.
14. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
15. Be romantic
16. Be the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
17. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
18. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the callers.
19. Be a good winner. Be a good loser.
20. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
21. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
22. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
23. Live your life so that your epitaph could read: No Regrets
24. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
25. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone that you love them
26. Remember that no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
27. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
28. Start everyday with some of your favourite music.
29. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
30. Keep a pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 am.
31. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
32. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
33. Make someone’s day by paying for the car behind you.
34. Marry only for love and count your blessings.
35. Always compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
36. Wave at the children on a school bus.
37. Remember that 80% of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
38. Don’t expect life to be fair, but enjoy it nonetheless.