• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
As for TV shows, it's been said that the Polish series "M jak Miłość" was adapted to Russian realities. They had to change the fact that the main family in the show made their fortune with apples into an oil based fortune (I think).
Actually, it started long before the movie "remakes": Disney (and others, but Disney in particular) has been created "remakes" of a large number of fairy tales, twisting them into something that is nothing less than spitting in the face of the original.
Or for that sake: Lots of American stuff, like the Hardy Boys books, are constantly being updated into "remakes" to fit the current US politics better.
In some countries, promoting what is in line with the interests of the ruling powers might earn you position in politics. In other countries, it might earn you a hundre million dollars. Which may in turn come in handy if you want a position in politics.
Yes, I can see that the shadows are off but I have a feeling that it's not Cruise that's photoshopped onto this photo but these two guys. Look at the shadow layers just above their shoulders. It's obviously cut. Also the guy on the left - the lightning on his jeans is too uniform as opposed to Cruise's
"Oh fuck. It's a fucking fire."