On Monday, the Pentagon officially released three UFO videos taken in 2004 and 2015
“After a thorough review, the department has determined that the authorized release of these unclassified videos does not reveal any sensitive capabilities or systems, and does not impinge on any subsequent investigations of military air space incursions by unidentified aerial phenomena,” the statement on the Department of Defense website said.
The videos have been circulating in the media since 2007
The videos had been “circulating in the public domain after unauthorized releases in 2007 and 2017”, the statement read. “The aerial phenomena observed in the videos remain characterized as ‘unidentified.’”
The Navy videos were first released in 2017 by The Stars Academy of Arts & Sciences, a company co-founded by former Blink-182 musician Tom DeLonge. The company studies information about unidentified aerial phenomena.
The footage from 2004 was also shared in a New York Times story published in 2017, which included interviews with the two pilots who witnessed the incident. One of them said that the spotted aircraft “accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen.” He added that he was “pretty weirded out.”
With one pilot remembering he was “pretty weirded out” by the sight
Last year, the New York Times published another story featuring two videos taken by navy pilots back in 2015. The story also included interviews with other pilots who witnessed bizarre objects racing through the air at an extraordinarily high speed.
The objects seen in the footage remain unidentified
To study recordings of aerial encounters with unknown objects, the Pentagon launched a classified program back in 2007. However, the program, launched at the behest of former Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada, was ended in 2012, as, according to the Pentagon, there were higher priorities that needed funding.
Former Sen. Harry Reid of Nevada later tweeted that the footage only “scratches the surface”
Watch the videos below
Here’s what people had to say