• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
That phone is the T65. It was introduced in 1965. This picture was taken in 1997 or later. As that was the year they introduced the 112 emergency number. (was 06-11 before that) (most folks would sticker the new number on the phone)
For the kids;
You had to Dail a number by rotating the to disc. For ea h number, you'd put your finger in the hole over the number and rotate the disc clockwise till you hit the metal ruler.
The number written on the disc was the local number of this household.
Definitions of Dail
noun the lower house of the parliament of the Irish Republic
Definition of dail
Scottish variant of DEAL
... try to relax and remove your finger from the hole.
We had that same phone when I was a child. Fun fact; That pic was taken in The Netherlands. It has a Dutch emergency services sticker on it.
Technically, we always see our nose. Our brain just ignores it. Try seeing it now. (closing one eye helps) But after a short while you'll not see it anymore.
It's essentially the same reason why some women or men seem to live in a cloud of perfume or aftershave. They stop smelling it and keep adding more until they smell it again, and the rest of us smell them from across the street.