• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
He saved my life you know. We got into a bit of a pickle in some Eastern European hell hole back in the 80s. Seemed like there was no way out. We ended up in some bombed-out bakery, our backs to a stout wooden door, low calibre gun fire threatening to penetrate at any moment. God dammit Dubs! You were magnificent that day. He laid his life down for me, as I had a wife and three girlfriends back home. He covered as I made my escape. I thought he was a goner. You should have seen the look on my face when that son of a gun turned up in Istanbul on camel back a couple of weeks later.
Sure, Double Cheese Burger stole my Lincoln Continental and crashed it, but he also stole my heart.
Just FYI, this isn't Reddit!
Thanks, this was beautiful
- winding down the road.