• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
And what if the sailors were at sea, and/or overseas, for mote than 9 months?
Another Navy Vet here, yes, it is true. Just because a few ships here and there have chosen not to follow this tradition does not make it untrue.
Tradition was officially renounced as a Navy priority by the CNO back in the early or mid-90s. This specific "tradition" was deemed sexist by SecNav around 2010. So while it may have been true at one point, it no longer is.
Make Nancy Pelosi live in one until she actually does something positive for the people in her representative district.
Fox News is a helluva drug
You mean you expect people to take personal responsibility, too??
Stupid, no? How Americans are being indoctrinated to hate their own amazing country, which though not perfect (nothing is), it has been -in the balance of things- a great force for good in the world.