This is probably one of the most unique medical cases. This man was born lucky.
Dante Autullo accidentally shot himself with a nail gun – and didn’t realise until the next day. He learned that a three-inch (8 cm) nail had entered his brain when he began to feel nauseous and went to hospital.
Dante, 34, from Chicago, had been in his workshop when the nailgun recoiled near his head. But because the brain doesn’t have pain-sensitive nerves he didn’t feel a thing and assumed the nail had missed his head.
He was shocked when doctors showed him an X-ray of the object.
Dante is now recovering in hospital after an operation to remove the nail. It’s a miracle, as he can talk, move and feel.