The village of New Hyde Park in New York has the most unusual McDonald’s ever.
It is located in a century old Georgian mansion, known as the Denton house. It was built in 1795 and was used as a restaurant throughout the 1900’s. By the end of the 20th century the building was abandoned and McDonald’s company that bought it in 1987 wanted to dismantle the house and replace it with a standard restaraunt. Luckily, the locals preserved the mansion and gave it the landmark status.
The old picture of the building