Lauren Thomas, 16, wanted to color her hair at home and bought a box of dye of a well-known brand. The girl had used the same dye many times before so she didn’t expect anything bad to happen...
The girl didn't do a skin allergic test and soon after coloring Laurens’ scalp started to itch insufferably. Within several hours her head was so swollen that the girl could hardly open her eyes.
Even after a week the severe allergic reaction didn't disappear completely. A spokesperson of dye manufacturing company said that allergies can build up over time, so it’s important to carry out a patch test each time you color your hair.