Izismile.com » Animals » Heroic Dog Takes a Snake Bite to Save His Owner (7 pics)

Heroic Dog Takes a Snake Bite to Save His Owner (7 pics)

Posted in Animals   4 May 2015   / 7143 views

This dog proved that he would do anything for his family when he attacked this snake that was hiding in the grass.

 

This was the snake that was hiding in the grass, ready to attack.
Chief didn't hesitate attacking the serpent. The rattlesnake landed a bite, and the venom was fast-acting. Look how much he swelled up. 
The heroic dog didn't want to be touched, and was panicking.
Once the family realized it was an Eastern Diamondback snake, they rushed frantically to the vet.
He had to be carried to the car. Thankfully, the ER Vet had anti-venom on hand. I'm not sure he would have made it without it. It ran 780 dollars for one vial so I'm grateful he didn't need a second dose.
The ER found more snake bites on him but they think they were dry bites where the snake didn't inject venom when it struck. He was even more lucky because the snake struck the bony part of his muzzle which meant the fangs glanced off instead of really sinking in. 
This is what Chief looked like before the bite a true hero.






Loading...
Loading...
Loading...




Comments (3):

-1
1.
channax 1 year ago MARK AS SPAM
"Thankfully, the ER Vet had anti-venom on hand. I'm not sure he would have made it without it. It ran 780 dollars for one vial so I'm grateful he didn't need a second dose."

LOL ! $780 for one anti-venom to save the dog ! LOL

LOL ! more expensive than champagne & caviar ! LOL

LOL ! call the cops, someone is getting robbed ! LOL
       
1
2.
Dogs -- they're the best people around. I'm glad the anti-venom saved this poor baby.
       
0
3.
nefus 1 year ago MARK AS SPAM
I've had dogs bitten before. Everyone of them survived without anti-venom, so you might have wasted your time depending on the snake.

One of my poor goofy dogs loved to go after snakes. He was probably bitten every year of his life and lived to 13 years.

Dogs don't know a snake bite is bad because they don't understand cause and effect. So when they start to feel bad later, they just go lay down and chill out.

After the poison has run its course in a day or so your dog will look really puffy possibly nasty in the affected area but will actually feel a ton better.
       














Archives

2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008