• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
Even if it's not a dangerous area, you never know when you might need a weapon. I'm sorry that they don't allow you to carry something for self-protection in Norway. Unless the crime rate in your country is absolutely zero, why not have a method to protect yourself in the unlikely event you are attacked?
It should be noted that most of the people carrying firearms, have a very good reason. Note the job descriptions: Soldier, Firearms instructor, Linux admin...