• Don't insult other visitors. Offensive comments will be deleted without warning.
• Comments are accepted in English only.
• No swearing words in comments, otherwise such comments will be censored.
• Your nickname and avatar are randomly selected. If you don't post comments for 7 days, they both are reset.
• To choose another avatar, click the ‘Random avatar’ link.
They have tried. The problem is that there are not enough entries to formulate any rules or a codex. It is also laden with drawings of plants that have no known existence (or even similarities to known plants). The best guess is that it is a relatively modern forgery by a master cryptologist using reclaimed paper in order to fool the carbon dating.
It seems to have been written by a crazy person(s), or at least someone who was isolated from society. It literally has no rhyme or reason with whole sections that each are completely different from one another, so sane people who think logically can't figure it out. We can't write a program if we don't have a logistical system to base it on. ...or it's all an elaborate hoax, Occam's Razor and all.
Maybe it was written by 4 or 5 different people
Maybe it was written by more that one person
Apparently it's been recently solved:
And they were beaten by a bunch of gays from Thebes.
Viktors write history!
It's the Internet, People will believe everything they read on it.