Jokes About The German Language Will Never Stop… (50 PICS)

Posted in PICTURES       10 Sep 2020       3992       11

Mally 1 month ago
#36 I demand a drawing of "Schmetterling" being someone named "Ling", smashing something! 35

Brian 1 month ago
Scrabble is really funny and true :)
But there are so many words origin in German
Kindergarten, in Afrika Schiebedach (they simply read the handbooks of the cars)

#28 this one is fake, it's not a real word.

I don't know why I posted Brian's text again but still #28 is fake

Curg 1 month ago
20 - its the same thing in swedish "Sköld" (shield) "Padda" (toad) - Sköldpadda.

Harty 1 month ago
Curg,

In fact, almost everything they say about German counts also for Dutch, except fot the 'nahmfalle' (Dativ, Akussativ etc.)

Eliza 1 month ago
#19 Its a made up word

Vicy 1 month ago
Eliza,

All words are made up.

Curg 1 month ago
42: Same in swedish.

Geoffrey 1 month ago
I am german and I think this is hillarious. Or as we say: Das ist scheisse lustig!
In my accent (northern german): Dat ues schietn kuerig! :)

Silas 1 month ago
As a german, these picdumps are funny as hell! rofl

For someone interested in the more serious things:

#2 : it's not only "Lupe" but also "Vergrößerungsglas" which should have been used here. literally: "Bigger-Maker-Glass"

#4 : "I slept with your sister..." is not "Bitte?" but "Bitte?!" JC-LOL

#25 : "I don't care" in german is "Ist mir egal", literally "It's no matter to me". The "it's sausage to me" is kind of slang.

#26 : In german, these "food food in food" sentences are not used. A "meal" would be translated like "dish", which is "Gericht", not "Essen" (the same word, "Gericht" is used for a court)

#28 : as already stated - it's fake

#35 : I love this one. "tja" is in itself a sarcasm word. Beautiful.

#37 : "Togetherness" = "Zusammengehörigkeitsgefühl" is wrong. The german word literllay is "Togethernessfeeling". So in german the word "Zusammengehörigkeit" exists, which is togetherness, but *never* used. The actual word would be "Beisammensein", literally "Together-beeing".

#39 : We have "Hupferl" which is the person you regularly jump into bed with. But it's bavarian.

Roxane 1 month ago
#29 Overmorrow is the real word for the day after tomorrow even in english, actually.

Marge 1 month ago
#46, you pronounce them differently.
Umfahren (running something over) ... "um" is pronounced
Umfahren (driving around something) ... "fah" is pronounced.